To celebrate the history of Sudbury and the architectural importance of of the Gas Works, we are hosting an art competition, open to all adults and children in the local and surrounding parishes.
In March 2020 we received a grant from the National Lottery Heritage Fund to support the conservation and restoration of the building, as well as deliver a 4 year creative community engagement programme. As part of this programme we are holding an Art Competition and exhibition inspired by the Gasworks (pre-restoration) and its surrounding community, in order to record and highlight its features for prosperity.
This competition is FREE to enter and open to all residents of the Sudbury Parish and surrounding communities, and will be culminate in an exhibition of shortlisted works over August Bank Holiday, as part of the summer family day.
Fill in the Entry Form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submitting your entry form, with an image of your artwork is the 1st August 2021. If you are shortlisted, we will then ask you to bring your artwork to Sudbury Old Village Stores for judging by the 16th August.
All shortlisted works will feature in the summer exhibition. You will be notified as to whether your piece has placed 1st, 2nd, 3rd on the 30th August, during a presentation at the Summer Family Day.
General Competition Details:
- There are 2 competition categories – 1/Adults 2/Children (16’s and under)
- Prizes will be given to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
- All shortlisted entries will feature in an exhibition in Sudbury, over August Bank Holiday – When submitting your work, you agree to your work being on public display during this time.
- This is a mixed media art competition – What ever material you enjoy working with, we want you to join in.
- There are no size limits on the work you can submit – but please consider that you will be required to drop-off/collect the work yourself from Sudbury.
- Please do not submit pieces which require to be kept under glass, we can not take responsibility for any damage to pieces
- Any work submitted has to have a theme linking to either the village or Gasworks. For instance inspiration can be taken from the architecture of the Gasworks or cobbles in the courtyard – but you must be able to tell us where your inspiration has come from.